Invite your mind and body to come sit with Swami Veda Bharati on the Full Moon Meditation.
Come to the place where you are simply able to sit comfortably. Use you’re own location where you will not be disturbed.
Thursday, September 23d
USA time zone is 7pm Pacific Standard Time
Check here for other time zones
No experience is needed. Just find you place you can sit with the least disturbance.
- Bring the mind to withdraw from the outside and come inside
- Sit with the head-neck and trunk in a straight line
- Relax systematically from head to toe and toe to head
- Establish diaphragmatic breathing from the nostrils
- Breath Smoothly, Deeply, Noiselessly and CONTINUOUSLY
- Be mindful of the flow of the breath at the nostrils
- Allow thoughts to come and go and bring your attention back to the breath
These are the basic guidelines to use without a mantra or sound
- Use any name of the Divine that you regularly use
- Use a simple breathing mantra like So-Ham (pronounced soooo–huuummm)-Exhale ham and Inhale so
- Use any mantra given to you in an initiation
- All sounds are to be heard in the mind not with the lips, tongue or throat
Remember to make this sitting
You don’t need to analyze or learn or do anything. In fact you are at an advantage if you know nothing about meditation and simple sit and observe your breath–over and over again.
Swami Veda says to invite the mind to sit down at the calm flowing stream of the breath–it will take you inwards to this still and quiet place that we all have and share.
Om, Shanti, Shanti, Shanti